Главная страница / IN ENGLISH / Another useful information / About Karelautotrans company and Petrozavodsk Bus Station
About Karelautotrans company and Petrozavodsk Bus Station
Karelavtotrans company include:
- The bus station in Petrozavodsk - one of the largest in the North-West Russia, serving up to 250 departures a day to all areas of Karelia, Vologda, Leningrad Region and St. Petersburg;
- Booking offices in the districts of the Republic of Karelia (Pudozh, Sortavala);
- 25 large buses of urban, suburban, intercity and tourist-class, working regularly in the 24 suburban and intercity routes in ten districts of the Republic of Karelia, as well as six regular inter-regional routes;
- Custom tourist transportation in Karelia and Russia.
A bit about the history of the company:
The movement of buses in Petrozavodsk was started in 1915.
First three suburban bus lines from Petrozavodsk to Kivach, Pryazha and Derevyannoe were organized in 1927. Graham Dodge buses worked at this lines.
Special trust "Karelavto" was established in 1936, for operational planning and management of suburban and intercity passenger transportation.
First passenger bus hall was opened on Kirov Square in 1952.
First bus station was open in the mid-50s near crossing Red st. and Anokhin st. It worked till 1972 when new bus station was built on Chapaev St. This Bus station is now exclusive bus station in Petrozavodsk which provide suburban and intercity bus transportation.